|EDUU 511||Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling for current special education credential||3|
|Core (18 credits)|
|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 630||Leadership and Policy in Special Education||
|EDUU 631||Program Development and Organization in Special Education||
|EDUU 632||Advanced Assessment and Program Evaluation in Special Education||
|EDUU 661||Collaboration in Special Education||
|EDUU 633||Special Education Capstone||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses||
|When applying, students must select one emphasis area from the options below.||
MA in Special Education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Gain skills to help you advocate for those with disabilities and improve the teaching strategies used to impact their success in the classroom.
Enhance Student Performance with a Master’s in Behavior Analysis
Learn to identify social significant behaviors and use behavior intervention to help students improve in the classroom. By pursuing a master’s degree in special education with a concentration in applied behavior, you’ll gain skills for collecting data on behaviors, implementing behavior change procedures and evaluating progress. This MA in Special Education curriculum aligns with the Council for Exceptional Children's Advanced Content Standards.
As a Master of Arts in Special Education, ABA student, you will:
- Define, measure and assess behavior using evidence-based best practices.
- Explore different strategies for experimental design.
- Explore evidence-based best practices for gathering and evaluating behavioral data.
- Understand factors that influence behavior change.
- Learn appropriate educational technology for addressing and identifying behavioral needs.
Fall II (Oct 25, 2021)
$680/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Brandman* has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
Take the next step toward your MA in Special Education, ABA at UMass Global
What can you do with Special Education: Behavior Analysis
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by University of Massachusetts Global from Emsi. While University of Massachusetts Global believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. University of Massachusetts Global does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Hold a current special education teaching credential or take EDUU 511 Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling
- Resume showing at least part-time employment in a field which uses Applied Behavior Analysis (i.e., education, medicine, social work, occupational or speech therapy)
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- Cannot be older than two years from the date of application
- Must be on official letterhead
- Must be written by individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting with knowledge of the candidate’s ability to successfully complete graduate courses
- Must address the candidate’s fit for the program
Master of Arts in Special Education Program Curriculum
Students admitting into the Behavior Analysis emphasis area must be employed at least part-time in a ﬁeld of employment which uses Applied Behavior Analysis. It is strongly recommended that candidates complete their Behavior Analysis emphasis area courses prior to taking the core courses. ABA courses are taken in sequential order at a maximum of one course per session. See an advisor for more information.
Course List Code Title Credits EDUU 692 The Science and Philosophical Underpinnings of Applied Behavior Analysis
EDUU 693 The Foundational Concepts and Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
EDUU 694 Using and Analyzing Measurement, Data and Experimental Design in Applied Behavior Analysis
EDUU 695 Assessment to Guide and Evaluate Intervention in Applied Behavior Analysis
EDUU 696 Selecting and Implementing Interventions for Behavior Change in Applied Behavior Analysis
EDUU 697 Program Oversight, Collaboration and Management in Applied Behavior Analysis
EDUU 698 Ethical Behavior and the Compliance Code for Applied Behavior Analysis Total Credits
Meet Our Faculty
Anne Spillane, Ph.D.