TECU 8028: Switching, Routing & Wireless Essentials
Develop an in-depth understanding of network enterprise principles as well as the tools and configurations required to configure a network.
Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials equips the student with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare for entry-level network enterprise careers. This course is a hands-on, career-oriented e-learning solution that emphasizes practical experience. It is a blended curriculum with both online and classroom learning. Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials aims to develop an in-depth understanding of network enterprise principles as well as the tools and configurations required to configure a network. Various types of hands-on labs provide practical experience, including procedural and troubleshooting labs, skills integration challenges, and model building.
Approximately 30 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
2 PDUsUndergraduate Professional Development Units
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with UMass Global’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
Location: Live Online
Registration opens at least 6 weeks prior to the start of each course
Meets Monday – Thursday:
- 4:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific (7:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Eastern)
Students will receive detailed course information on the Friday prior to the start of class. For more information, contact: [email protected]
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain the knowledge you need to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot an enterprise network
- Qualify for professional-level job roles in advance routing and services
- Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the industry
- Enable students to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for certification exams and career opportunities