Tuition Refund Policy
Adds, Drops or Withdrawals
- To add or drop a class, please see the appropriate "Academic Policies and Procedures" sections of this catalog.
- To officially add or drop a class, students must do so either through MyUMassGlobal Self Service or submit an Add/Drop Form to their respective campus One Stop staff.
- Failure to attend class or merely giving notice to an instructor will not be regarded as official notice of add/drop or withdrawal.
- The date of withdrawal for purposes of tuition and/or refundable fees refunds shall be the date on which the class was officially dropped through MyUMassGlobal Self Service or at the campus.
- Dropping below full-time or part-time status may affect any financial aid that has been awarded and/or disbursed. Students who receive federal financial aid are subject to a pro-rated return of federal funds and will be required to return funds to the University that were previously disbursed based on a higher unit load. Please contact your Campus One Stop staff for further information.
- Completely withdrawing from the University or dropping classes after the published tuition and/or refundable fees refund deadline does not absolve students' financial obligations to the University.
- Any tuition and unit-based fees credits resulting from drops will be applied to the current balance, if applicable.
- Failure to pay tuition and fees in full by the due date of each session, as listed in the catalog, will result in a drop from registered courses.
Tuition and Fees Refund Policy for credit hour programs other than UMass Global MyPath and School of Extended Education.
Please see Academic Calendar section for specific trimester dates.
|IF STUDENT DROPS AND/OR WITHDRAWS||REFUNDABLE AMOUNT|
|Prior to the first day of classes||100%|
|Within the first week of classes||90%|
|Within the second week of classes||80%|
|After the second week of classes||None|
For more information about your state’s specific refund policies, if available, please refer to the State Authorization section online or in the catalog.
UMass Global MyPath Tuition and Fee Refund Policy
Students may drop all competencies on a date within 30 days of the start of the student's first billing period and receive a full tuition refund. This applies only to the first billing period. For all subsequent billing periods, a full tuition refund will be given prior to starting competencies, but no refunds will be given once the student begins attendance and completes a substantive academic activity.
School of Extended Education Tuition and Refund Policies
The School of Extended Education provides courses and programs to non-matriculated students providing opportunities for continuing education outside of the traditional degree program. Tuition is set based on the individual programming and may vary from the standard tuition policies governing the degree programs. For the most up-to-date tuition on courses and programs offered through the School of Extended Education, as well as specific refunding policies, please visit the website at Extended education
It is every student’s responsibility to review their student account periodically to ensure that its accuracy and that all applicable credits (Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Adjustments) have been applied to their account.
Late Payment Charge
Late Payment Charge is calculated at 6.5 percent per annum commencing on the applicable due date and continuing through the payment date based on the student account balance at each month end. Tuition is due on the start date of each 8 week term, as listed in the catalog. If the balance remains unpaid, late payment charge accrues from the term start date. It is a fixed, simple rate. University of Massachusetts Global reserves the right to change this rate at any time without notice.