Resources and Financial Aid Forms
Research in-depth information on federal student aid programs, applying for financial aid, and repaying student loans.
Tuition and Aid Resources
Find State and Federal Financial Aid resources as well as useful phone numbers to help you navigate the process of applying for aid. You can also access commonly requested forms for Financial Aid.
Financial Aid Online Resources
- Biden-Harris Administration Debt Relief Plan- General information about the debt relief program by President Biden, Vice President Harris, and the U.S. Department of Education.
- California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) - General information about state aid programs including Cal Grants, APLE and the Chafee Grant.
- Entrance Counseling - Students who borrow under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Subsidized Loan, Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Direct Graduate PLUS Loan) are required to complete loan entrance counseling before their loan funds can be released. Graduate students must complete the graduate version.
- Exit Counseling - Students who are graduating, withdrawing from, dropping below half-time enrollment or taking any time away from UMass Global must complete a loan exit counseling session that will inform you of your loan responsibilities.
- FAFSA on the Web - Official site of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSASM).
- Internal Revenue Service - Obtain a copy of your IRS Tax Transcript for verification
- Federal IRS Personal Identification Number
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Undergraduate and Credential students - The Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your federal student loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to your lender or loan holder. There is one MPN for Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans and a different MPN for Direct PLUS Loans. Most schools are authorized to make multiple federal student loans under one MPN for up to 10 years. Additional information, Student loans
- National Student Loan Data System - View the history of loans you've taken out from UMass Global and other institutions. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. It receives data from schools, agencies that guaranty loans, the Direct Loan program, the Pell Grant program, and other U.S. Department of Education programs.
- PLUS MPN for Graduate/Professional Students - The Graduate/Professional PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your federal student loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to your lender or loan holder. There is one MPN for Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans and a different MPN for Direct PLUS Loans. Most schools are authorized to make multiple federal student loans under one MPN for up to 10 years.
- Endorser Addendum- A Direct PLUS Loan borrower with an adverse credit history may still receive a Direct PLUS Loan if he/she obtains an endorser who does not have an adverse credit history and the borrower completes PLUS Credit Counseling. The endorser is responsible for repaying the Direct PLUS Loan if the borrower does not.
- StudentAid.gov - provides in-depth information on federal student aid programs, applying for financial aid, and repaying student loans.
- Student Loan Ombudsman - An impartial, confidential resource to resolve federal loan borrower concerns after all other avenues have been exhausted
- WebGrants for Students - For specific information regarding your application for Cal Grant.
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program - You can explore the site for information about the Direct Loan Program, including helpful publications and tools to help manage your Direct Loans.
Independent Financial Aid Web Sites
- The Financial Aid Information Page - This site is a comprehensive resource on all aspects of financial aid.
Useful Phone Numbers
|Federal Student Aid Information||800-4-FEDAID|
|California Student Aid Commission||888-224-7268|
|Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group||877-557-2575|
|Direct Loan Servicing Center||800-848-0979|
|Direct Loan Consolidation Center||800-557-7392|
|Social Security Administration||800-772-1213|
|Internal Revenue Service||800-TAX-1040|
To view and print PDF files, you need the free Adobe Reader software. You can download and install Adobe Reader Get Adobe Reader here
For E-sign documents please download and save to your computer to sign documents.
- 2022 2023 Additional and Untaxed Income Form
- 2022 2023 Asset Form
- 2022 2023 Dependency Review Form
- 2022 2023 Expense Form
- 2022 2023 Federal Loan Change Form
- 2022 2023 Head of Household Clarification Form
- 2022 2023 Parent Review Form
- 2022 2023 Pell Decline or Return Form
- 2022 2023 Student Review Form
- 2022 2023 Support Statement Form
- 2022 2023 Unsubsidized by Appeal Form
- 2022 2023 Unusual Enroll History Petition