Browse through frequently asked questions around how to apply for admission to UMass Global, transcripts, admission requirements and more.
Review the categories listed below to learn details about admission at University of Massachusetts Global. If you still have questions and concerns, contact an enrollment coach. For other resources pertaining to admission see Admission Resources.
UMass Global has a fully online application at www.umassglobal.edu/apply.
Your enrollment coach is the connection to your application status and next steps. They're here to help you with any general questions about the application process. If you have not already been contacted by an enrollment coach, you can call 1-800-746-0082 to be connected to one. You can also email [email protected] for support.
During the application process, you have the option to make changes to the application with an application addendum. You can provide a written statement of the changes by email to [email protected] or you can complete the electronic Application Addendum form or the fillable PDF copy.
A Statement of Trimester Change is required if you did not complete your application in time for the trimester desired and would like to move your application forward. The trimester change can be requested with an application addendum (see related question above).
Once you submit your application you will receive an email with a link to log into the Application Dashboard. The link will navigate you to the online application webpage, click the link: RETURNING USER, using the same email and password created when you completed your application. Once on the Application Dashboard, you will be able to check your admission status, and check for any outstanding program requirements needed to complete the application. If the program you applied to requires recommendations, you can nudge or change your recommender using the dashboard.
You can check on your status anytime by logging into your Application Dashboard (see related question above). Once a decision is made, you will receive a hard copy letter in the mail, directly from the Office of Admission, letting you know of the admission decision. If admitted, your enrollment coach will contact you to discuss the next steps.
If you decide you want to wait until a future trimester to enroll, you can do so for one year after your initial admission date. If you do not enroll in the trimester you applied to, you will need to submit a Request to Reactivate Application form when you decide to enroll. This request can also be submitted in a written statement, and emailed to [email protected]. If you are admitted to the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership or any School of Nursing and Health Professions program, a new application is required.
Documents can be sent to the office of admission by emailing them to [email protected], faxing them to 866-659-1143, or mailing them to: Office of Admission, 16355 Laguna Canyon Rd. Irvine CA 92618. Please do not fax or email test scores or transcripts. Unless sent directly from the registrar’s office of your former learning institution, faxed or emailed test scores or transcripts are considered unofficial and do not meet the admissions requirement.
Existing Credit and Transcripts
An official transcript is one sent directly from the institution of record to University of Massachusetts Global in a sealed envelope or submitted electronically to University of Massachusetts Global from the institution of record. A transcript issued to the applicant may be accepted if it is delivered in the official unopened and sealed envelope from the institution of record. Transcripts and test scores that have been sent to us by fax will not be accepted.
No. Transcripts are not required for the added authorization credential programs, Transitional Kindergarten Certificate, or the California Teacher of English Learners (CTEL) authorization.
Admission requirements vary by program. Check the current catalog for specific requirements related to your program of interest. When filling out the online application, you must list your complete academic history regardless of the transcript requirements.
- Undergraduate: If you are applying to any of our undergraduate programs, transcripts are required from all institutions previously attended.
- Graduate: If you are applying to one of our graduate programs, we require you to submit transcripts from the bachelor’s degree granting institution and any course work completed or attempted concurrently with the bachelor’s program, including anything taken after the degree was awarded.
- Option 1 - Order transcripts directly from your previous institution(s). Check your school’s website for instructions on how to order transcripts.
- Option 2 - Transcripts can be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse. To see if the institution you attended is a participant, visit http://www.getmytranscript.com/.
If you are an undergraduate student applying for admission to University of Massachusetts Global through Academic Fresh Start, you may elect to have all academic and military coursework, completed at any institution of higher education 10 or more years prior to the time of application, ignored for admission purposes. Once admitted under Academic Fresh Start, you may not receive course credit for any courses taken 10 or more years prior to admission to University of Massachusetts Global. Ignored course work cannot be used to satisfy prerequisite or degree requirements at University of Massachusetts Global. If you are seeking post-baccalaureate admission you are not eligible for the Academic Fresh Start option.
UMass Global accepts general education block transfers from regionally accredited institutions based on state standards and participates in the California Community College “Degree with a Guarantee” program. Use our comprehensive coursework transfer database to look up a specific college or apply your experience toward a degree with our self-paced degree programs. See transfer guidelines.
For those who are applying to a UMass Global MyPath the process of evaluating existing credit includes:
- Prior coursework, with a minimum of B- or better from regionally accredited institutions will first be evaluated against UMass Global’s credit hour-based courses.
- Once prior credit has been determined to be equivalent to UMass Global’s credit hour-based program, the university will then determine whether or not you will receive transfer credit for any of the competencies in the MyPath program.
- Prior transfer credit must be applicable to the MyPath program and count toward its graduation requirements. For more information, an Enrollment Coach can provide to you a transfer guide.
UMass Global MyPath programs are specifically designed to allow you to leverage existing skills and knowledge as you progress through your degree. Here's how it works:
- Many competencies start with an assessment to set a knowledge baseline. The program then adapts itself according to your specific skills. You can spend more time concentrating on the areas where you need more growth and less time on topics you know well, allowing you to complete the program at a potentially quicker pace.
- Although prior life experience cannot directly satisfy academic credit and official degree requirements, the skills that you have learned in the real world can definitely help you potentially pace through the program faster.
Have Questions About Financing Your Education?
See what you can expect from the financial aid process as a student at UMass Global.