TECU 8017: Implementing Security Core Technologies
This is the first course in the Cisco CCNP Security program which prepares you to sit for the Cisco CCNP Security Certification Exam.
Implementing Security Core Technologies equips the student with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare for entry-level security specialist careers. This course is a hands-on, career-oriented e-learning solution that emphasizes practical experience. Implementing Security Core Technologies aims to develop an in-depth understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations required to secure a network.
This two-course program prepares students to sit for the Cisco CCNP Security Certification exam. Various types of hands-on labs provide practical experience, including procedural and troubleshooting labs, skills integration challenges, and model building. All hands-on labs in the course can be completed via Packet Tracer. Most chapters include Packet Tracer-based skills integration challenges that are cumulative throughout the course.
Approximately 30 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
2 PDUsUndergraduate Professional Development Units
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with UMass Global’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain network security
- Implement the secure management and monitoring of network devices
- Configure a classic firewall to mitigate network attacks
- Implement server-based AAA authentication using TACACS+ and RADIUS protocols
- Explain how network-based IPS is used to help secure a network
- Implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.