TECU 0019: Wireless Communications with Intro to 5G
This is the first course in the 5G program series and will prepares you to sit for the ETA Wireless Network Technician (WNT) Certification exam.
This course provides students with an introduction to the world of wireless communication technology that is impacting every sector of our interconnected world today. The fundamental knowledge of RF technology used in wireless communications and how intelligent information is communicated for specific applications along with system design components and their requirements is presented. Antenna theory, transmission lines, RF propagation, and modulation schemes are discussed.
This two-course program prepares students to sit for the ETA Wireless Network Technician (WNT) Certification exam. The course explores wireless solutions and standards used today in Personal, Local, Metropolitan, and Wide Area Networks. This includes solutions for both fixed wireless and mobile wireless applications. An in-depth look into WiFi technology (802.11), the predominant technology used for Local Area Networks (LANs) is presented. The course provides a comprehensive study of Wide Area Network technology including microwave and satellite solutions. The course will discuss the impact of 5G from both a technological and economic level.
Approximately 28 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with UMass Global’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of the electromagnetic spectrum and RF technology used to facilitate wireless communications
- Identify and describe the basic components of an RF system including propagation behaviors and system performance factors
- Explain the various technologies and components used to facilitate Wireless Personal Area Networks
- Demonstrate knowledge of the IEEE 802.11 and WiFi standards used in Wireless Local Area Networks and explain the architecture and components used in the various types of networks
- Discuss mobile wireless communications systems and technologies and the evolution between the generations of mobile communications from 1G to 5G
- Identify and explain the technologies used to provide fixed wireless networks
- List the most important aspects regarding safety with working with RF Systems
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.