TECU 0020: 5G Technician
Concluding the 5G program series, students will be prepared to sit for the ETA 5G Technician (5GT) Certification exam.
This course unveils the world of 5G with a focus on information beneficial to technicians working within the telecommunications industry. The course begins with a look at the path from 1G to 5G wireless mobile communications. The 5G “use cases” defined by ITU (International Telecommunications Union) are discussed along with technical requirements such as frequencies, bandwidth, and delay. Also presented are the existing and new technologies that enable deployment of 5G networks such as millimeter wave, antenna beamforming and MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output).
This two-course program prepares students to sit for the ETA 5G Technician (5GT) Certification exam. This course provides an in-depth look at 5G cells and antennas and how they are deployed is presented along with safety considerations the technician needs to be aware of when working around antennas. The course concludes with an exploration of 5G applications and deployment strategies.
Approximately 28 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with UMass Global’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the evolution of cellular technology from 1G through 5G and the role various standards organizations play in defining requirements
- Identify and describe the three primary 5G use cases defined by ITU and the technical requirements for each of them
- List and describe the fundamental technologies enable deployment of 5G networks in support of network requirements and capabilities
- Describe the 4G/LTE network and cell infrastructure, how it operates and the relationship to 5G
- Describe the fundamental 5G network infrastructure, functions, and how it differs from 4G/LTE
- List the various types of 5G cells and discuss antenna deployment and installation practices
- Identify and describe safety considerations when working with 5G antennas
- List and describe 5G applications and deployment strategies and how they play a role in the 4th Industrial Revolution and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.