Your Smooth Transfer from Rio Salado College Begins Here.
If you want to continue your educational journey, we're here to help.
UMass Global has a national partnership with Rio Salado College to make transferring as fast and cost-efficient as possible. This means no wasted time or money on classes you don’t need and less stress about which classes to take when.
And the best part about UMass Global is our commitment to student success. Now’s the time to earn your Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degree. It’s never too early to start planning, so contact us today to get started.
UMass Global. Flexible. Affordable. Online.
Scholarships are available.
General Education Block Transfer
Perhaps you’ve completed your general education at one or multiple colleges and now you want to gather up all those credits and apply them towards your four-year degree. UMass Global accepts a wide variety of GE credit transfers if they are completed prior to attending your first UMass Global class:
Flexibility Puts the Opportunity To Achieve Your Goals Within Reach.
Whether it’s a traditional online program or a self-paced program where you decide how fast you can go, University of Massachusetts Global recognizes that every student comes to us with a different set of needs. We offer flexible learning formats that can work around your busy schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
UMass Global offers a wide range of degrees. Rio Salado College has 10 associate programs that directly connect to University of Massachusetts Global bachelor's pathways.
Absolutely! At time of admission, we will look at your transcripts from other colleges and universities.
- Contact University of Massachusetts Global by calling (800) 746-0082.
- A UMass Global enrollment coach will discuss your goals and program opportunities, walk you through the admission requirements and assist you completing the application process.
The majority of UMass Global students are working adults. Many have not been in school for years and are returning while now juggling work, family and other commitments. UMass Global wants to ensure that all students have the support needed to succeed. Some of those supports include:
- Enrollment coach: Your concierge through program selection, the admissions process and helps you prepare to start classes.
- Academic advisor: Your personal resource who will stay with you throughout your entire educational journey.
- Online writing and math center: Access to resources, live tutors and reviews of your writing to help you make the most of your time.
- Veteran and active military support: UMass Global has a long history serving military students, both active duty and retired.
- Career Services: A career center that meets the needs of working adults. You aren’t looking for your first job. You need support in taking your career to the next level or to a meaningful transition.
- Office of Accessible Education and Counseling Services: This office supports students with documented disabilities to have equal access to the classroom and support services.
- Library services: Access to a live librarian to assist with research and a world-class library whose resources can be sent directly to your door.
For the MyPath programs, the time commitment depends entirely on your drive and availability. For the traditional credit hour programs which have 8-week sessions, students generally find that they need to allot approximately 15 hours per week for a 3 unit course.
Most of our undergraduate degree programs are 120 units. Since UMass Global offers 6 accelerated 8-week sessions per year, you have plenty of opportunities to take classes that meet your needs. Taking 2 courses per session would allow you to finish in 3 1/3 years. Taking 1 course per session would allow you to finish in just under 7 years. Keep in mind that transfer credits from prior college coursework will help to reduce time to degree. Students driven to finish on a faster schedule can do so with MyPath programs which are self-paced.
Start mapping your future today.
It’s never too early to start planning, so contact us today to get started.