Institute for Educational Development (IED)
Earn Graduate-Level Professional Development Credit
University of Massachusetts Global partners with IED to provide graduate-level professional development credits to participants who complete coursework with IED. To earn credit:
- Complete an IED Seminar or Institute
- Register and pay the corresponding UMass Global course fee ($70 per credit; maximum 4 credits per program)
- Submit a copy of your IED Certificate of Participation
- Complete a follow-up practicum (see Course Requirements below)
After attending an IED Seminar or Institute, you can earn up to 4 semester hours of graduate-level professional development credit from UMass Global by successfully completing the course requirements.
- Course Requirements
- Use the following links to see example work for one activity:
Teacher Example | School Nurse Example | SLP Example
- Click the button below and use the search box to find the program you attended by entering the 3-character code found on the bottom of the title page of the handbook you received
- Or you may enter key words of the course title (UMass Global titles may not match IED titles exactly)
UMass Global K12 Professional Development Courses
University of Massachusetts Global provides responsive, relevant, and result-oriented professional development courses. Focusing on K-12 professional and paraprofessional needs across classroom and administration, UMass Global offers topics areas including classroom management, technology and Media, curriculum and instruction, pedagogy, special education, leadership and more.
You can receive a refund of the UMass Global tuition within 30 days of registration if you have not yet received a grade for your course.
What are Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits?
Graduate-level professional development credits are not part of a degree program but instead are primarily used for professional advancement such as salary increment steps and recertification. Students should seek approval from appropriate district officials before enrolling in these courses.
Grades & Transcript Information
Once grades are posted and credits have been awarded, a final confirmation email with details on how to order your UMass Global student transcript will be sent to you. Every participant who registers with University of Massachusetts Global will be able to order official University of Massachusetts Global transcripts and retrieve unofficial transcripts through University of Massachusetts Global’s online student services system.
Before ordering a transcript please activate your student account. Also verify that all grades and credits are posted to your student record. Official transcripts ordered without previously checking grades and credits on your student record may result in an incomplete transcript. Refunds may not be issued if transcripts are ordered incorrectly.
- Allow 5 days for transcript orders to be processed.
- For detailed instructions on ordering official transcripts, please download the transcript information guide
To activate your username and password, reset your password, or resend account activation letters, visit umassglobal.edu/activate.
For other technical questions, contact the University of Massachusetts Global IT Help Desk ([email protected], 855-553-3007).