Leading with Emotional Intelligence
This course will provide insights and tools for increasing your leadership influence and effectiveness at all levels of the organization.
Emotional intelligence (EI) is vital to being an effective and high-performing member of any team. Educators who understand the connection between emotions and actions and can apply EI skills to maximize effectiveness with your students and have a stand-out advantage in the classroom. During this course, we will study the theories and concepts of the EI model which focuses, specifically on the behavioral level, on performance in the classroom and on working with school leadership.
We have developed this course to introduce you to the proven EI model and provide you with the insight and skills to apply it in making your job, career, and relationship more effective, satisfying, and successful.Register Now
Approximately 15 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
Ways to Learn
1 PDUGraduate Level Professional Development Credit
Online and self-paced | Dedicated mentor | Interactive assignments
Real-world case studies | Authentic assessments | Earn graduate level professional development credits
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence concepts and frameworks
- Identify personal emotional intelligence skills through self-assessment
- Describe the connection between emotional intelligence and individual and organization performance
- Relate emotional intelligence factors to leadership effectiveness
- Explore strategies to build emotional intelligence into strengths to improve leadership performance
- Devise an action plan to integrate practices that increase emotional-social intelligence within your work group
- Defining Emotional Intelligence
- The Importance of Emotional Intelligence to Business and Leadership
- Discovering Your Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Self-Awareness
- Accurate Self-Assessment
- Identifying and Understanding
- Your Triggers
- Stress Management
- Service Orientation
- Building Trust
- Catalyzing Change
Earn your credit in 3 simple steps
Complete the course.
Receive credits and obtain an official transcript.
What are Graduate-level Professional Development Credits?
Graduate-level professional development credits are not part of a degree program but instead are primarily used for professional advancement such as salary increment steps and recertification. Students should seek approval from appropriate district officials before enrolling in these courses.