Microsoft Project Basics
Master the basic functions of Microsoft's project management software, MS Project.
Students will be introduced to Microsoft's project management software, MS Project. Students, especially aspiring project managers, are provided a step-by-step tutorial on essential basic functions for any project. MS Project allows project managers to develop schedules, allocate resources, duties to specific tasks, and track a project's progression. MS Project allows managers to analyze workloads and oversee budgets. This course is an introduction focused on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. Students are required to have access to MS Project 2019 in order to complete this course.
Approximately 3 hoursUp to 3 months to complete coursework
$79No additional materials required
Ways to Learn
.3 CEUsStrategic & Business Management .25 PDUs | Technical PM 2.5 PDUs | 3 SHRM credits
We partnered with MindEdge to bring you affordable, full suite, cloud-based, content-rich online education.
As a student, you will:
- Define key terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project
- Develop a blank project from scratch
- Describe what tabs are and how to navigate within them
- Create and modify a task list
- Describe auto and manual scheduling and when to use each
- Demonstrate how to use calendar functions and schedule tasks
- Use task views, the timeline, and zoom slider functions
- Learn how to format projects through copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks
- Understand how to format bar, Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and pre-made templates
Who Should Enroll?
- Adult learners who already want to gain foundational skills for MS Project.
100% Web-based learning. Access courses anytime, anywhere with an Internet connection.
Affordable. Courses are competitively priced.
“Ask the Expert.” Learners can pose content-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours.
Interactive. Courses include interactive exercises to engage learners.
Easy-to-follow. Concise explanations, real-world examples, and references enable learners to easily explore course topics.