TECU 0014: Smart Home Systems
Gain the skills you need to master Smart Home Systems and be on the forefront of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Smart home systems incorporate functions of sensing and controlling in order to analyze a situation and make actuation decisions in a predictive or adaptive manner, thereby performing smart actions. In many instances, the smart devices will also be connected to the internet for remote operation and connection to a centralized database or application platform. This course introduces commonly used smart systems for residential and light industrial applications such as lighting, security, inventory, appliances, heating and cooling, and audio/video entertainment systems.
Approximately 28 hours
$1,850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with UMass Global’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to perform both DC and AC electrical circuit calculations using the correct formulas
- List and describe industry associations/authorities and their standards for infrastructure pathways, spaces, cabling, grounding and bonding
- Discuss the various smart technology applications introduced, how they are implemented and the standards utilized
- Describe the proper installation procedures for cables, wiring and connectors for copper, coaxial and fiber cables including the proper tools used to complete the tasks
- Describe how customers are connected to telecommunications networks to gain access to the internet
- Explain the “divide and conquer” method of troubleshooting and the type of documentation and information that should be provided to customers.
- Describe electrical shock risks and the precautions that should be taken along with the appropriate response and treatments
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.