Learn how to create visually engaging slideshow presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Learn how to design a PowerPoint presentation to effectively present information and garnering audience interest and support. Focusing on how to apply basic design principles to slideshow creation to use Microsoft's PowerPoint 365 software to build visually engaging slideshow presentations. Learn how to select images and photographs for use in slides, the importance of arrangement and placement of images, the use of tools like Shapes and SmartArt, methods for presenting data, and the selection of colors and fonts that increase the readability of content.
Approximately 3 hoursUp to 3 months to complete coursework
$79No additional materials required
Ways to Learn
.3 CEUs3 SHRM credits
We partnered with MindEdge to bring you affordable, full suite, cloud-based, content-rich online education.
As a student, you will:
- Define basic design principles, such as readability, color, consistency, contrast, arrangement, and information display
- Explain how font choice and color can affect slideshow readability
- Design slides that effectively implement the principles of consistency and contrast
- Place images throughout a presentation while adhering to the principles of proximity, alignment, repetition, space, and the big picture
- Select appealing and appropriate images to use in a slideshow
- Use photographs in a slideshow as an attention grabber and storytelling device
- Utilize the Shapes and SmartArt tools to communicate concepts visually
- Present data clearly and effectively
- Consider how design trends can be applied to slideshow presentation
Who Should Enroll?
- Adult learners who want to learn how to build visually engaging slideshow presentations.
100% Web-based learning. Access courses anytime, anywhere with an Internet connection.
Affordable. Courses are competitively priced.
“Ask the Expert.” Learners can pose content-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours.
Interactive. Courses include interactive exercises to engage learners.
Easy-to-follow. Concise explanations, real-world examples, and references enable learners to easily explore course topics.