|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 605||Democracy, Education and Social Change||
|EDUU 606||Seminar in Learning Theory||
|EDUU 607||Seminar in Comparative Education||
|EDUU 608||Seminar in the Social Foundations of Education||
|EDUU 609||Seminar in Curriculum Studies||
|Core Courses Subtotal||
MA in Education, Teaching and Learning
This degree program is designed to help students develop the skills and understanding necessary to become a mentor, curriculum leader or college instructor in teacher preparation programs.
Teaching and Learning Degree Overview
The Master of Arts in Education with an emphasis in Teaching and Learning offers educators of all levels a global perspective on education, as well as the ability to meaningfully apply learning theories to curriculum design, scholastic issues and multiple educational settings. Those students with a California multiple- or single-subject professional clear credential can transfer 12 credits toward the degree.
- Evaluate, use and generate research to move the field of education forward.
- Apply pedagogical concepts in educational settings to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Utilize theories of learning and brain research to enhance teaching and student learning.
- Evaluate curriculum design and curricular decisions as they relate to meeting the diverse needs of students.
Summer II (Jun 27, 2022)
$680/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Imagine Your Future In Education: Teaching and Learning
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by University of Massachusetts Global from Emsi. While the University of Massachusetts Global believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. University of Massachusetts Global does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Have at least one year of induction completed or hold a valid California Multiple or Single Subject SB 2042 Professional “Clear” Teaching Credential earned through a CTC approved 2042 Induction Program
This program is only available to California residents.
For information about exam/test score requirements, please reference the University of Massachusetts Global Catalog
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MAE IN TEACHING AND LEARNING REQUIREMENTS?Request more information>
Master of Arts in Education MAE Program Curriculum
Emphasis Block Transfer
University of Massachusetts Global awards a block of 12 semester credits for successful completion of a Multiple or Single Subjects SB 2042 BTSA Induction Clear Credential Program. Please see an advisor for more details.
Meet Our Faculty
Kimberly Greene, Ed.D.
Language Acquisition, Children’s Literature, Education and Society in the 21st Century
Alan Enomoto, Ed.D.
Educational Leadership & Administration
Anne Spillane, Ph.D.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
The MAELA program was beyond invaluable. So much of what I was asked to do was relatable to my job. The people affiliated with the program know what works in education.
Brandman* has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.