Certificate in Finance Essentials
Gain the foundational skills essential to finance for the non-financial manager.
This certificate provides non-financial managers the essential knowledge and skills of finance. Students will become familiar with critical financial terminology, and learn how to calculate key financial management indicators. Students will learn how to assess their organization's financial health by reviewing balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow, and discover how finance and accounting tools can be used to support informed decision making within organizations.
Approximately 19 hoursUp to 12 months to complete coursework
$399No additional materials required
Ways to Learn
1.9 CEUsStrategic & Business Management 13 PDUs | Tech PM 5.75 PDUs | 19 SHRM credits | HRCI credits 19 (Specified - Strat Bus)
We partnered with MindEdge to bring you affordable, full suite, cloud-based, content-rich online education.
As a student, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals and importance of the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows, and how they can be used to manage a business
- Understand the basics of finance
- Understand the responsibilities of financial managers, roles of finance in a typical business organization, and relevant financial markets of interest to financial manager
- Gain an understanding of corporate financing and the stock market in application to the business world
- Understand statistical techniques that can help any manager responsible for marketing, management, accounting, sales, or other business functions
- Learn about graphical representations of data that your stakeholders may expect when reviewing statistical analysis results
- Learn finance concepts that allow the non-financial manager to consider tools for decision-making including cost benefit analysis, break even analysis, and Balanced Scorecard
- Understand basic finance concepts such as return on investment (ROI), fixed and variable costs, and payback period
- Review the basic time value of money (TVM) techniques used in financial decisions and cash flow implication
- Explore how risk influences investment decisions, and calculate risk and rates of return
- Learn investing comments such as benefits of diversification and the portfolio concept
- Learn how organizations use master budgets, operating budgets, sales, production, cost of goods sold budgets, and cash budgets
- Gain an understanding of the budgeting process and the different budgeting techniques to overcome operational challenges
Who Should Enroll?
- Adult learners who want to learn the essentials of finance for the non-financial manager.
100% Web-based learning. Access courses anytime, anywhere with an Internet connection.
Affordable. Courses are competitively priced.
“Ask the Expert.” Learners can pose content-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours.
Interactive. Courses include interactive exercises to engage learners.
Easy-to-follow. Concise explanations, real-world examples, and references enable learners to easily explore course topics.