Classroom Management: Accurate & Timely Consequences
Focusing on the components of Refocus and timely consequences to maximize instructional time. This course uses the evidence-based Time to Teach classroom management model. This model is research-based, practical, proven, and is ready to use in the classroom.
Consequences are most effective when they are timely. In this course, we will focus on the capstone component of Refocus and accurate and timely consequences. Specifically, strategies to reduce multiple warnings and repeated requests.Register Now
Approximately 15 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
Ways to Learn
1 PDUGraduate Level Professional Development Credit
Online and self-paced | Dedicated mentor | Interactive assignments
Real-world case studies | Earn graduate level professional development credits
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the foundation and steps of the Refocus process.
- Implement the Refocus process to increase the depth of understanding and potential.
- Introducing the Refocus Process
- Refocus Process in Action
- Refocus Questions
- Refocus Classroom Examples
This course is part of the 3-course Classroom Management program. Taking courses in this recommended order will help you build a strong foundation and progress through the program with success.
1. Fundamentals of Classroom Management
2. Classroom Management: Relationships and Ecology
3. Classroom Management: Accurate and Timely consequences
PreK-12 teachers, Teacher candidates, School administrators, Para-educators
Earn your credit in 3 simple steps
Complete the course.
Receive credits and obtain an official transcript.
This course is offered through University of Massachusetts Global’s School of Extended Education in partnership with Center for Teacher Effectiveness and Time To Teach