Introduction to Business Analysis
Learn the principles and concepts of business analysis focusing on six key areas.
Gain an overview of the principles and concepts of business analysis, focusing on six key areas: needs assessment, stakeholder engagement, requirements elicitation, requirements analysis, requirements tracing and monitoring, and solution evaluation. Understand the common stages of a business analysis project, terminology, tools, and techniques utilized by a business analyst. Gain insights from business analysis practitioners testimony on important topics related to successfully completing business analysis activities. Consider the place of business analysis and product development life cycles within the greater scheme of project life cycle management.
Approximately 25 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
$599No additional materials required
Ways to Learn
2.5 CEUsStrat & Business Mgmt 8 PDUs | Tech PM 6 PDUs | HRCI credits 25 (Specified - Strategic Business)
We partnered with MindEdge to bring you affordable, full suite, cloud-based, content-rich online education.
As a student, you will:
- Explain the general concepts of business analysis and its strategic importance
- Discuss the role of the business analyst in different organizations and identify skills needed
- Describe the concept of requirements and identify the various types of analysis
- Create a needs assessment and roadmap to the future state
- Analyze current capabilities, design future state options, and recommend the best option for implementation
- Identify and engage with stakeholders to prepare them for the transition to the future state
- Define requirements elicitation and outline the elicitation process
- Employ analysis tools and techniques to refine requirements in order to validate, verify, and prioritize requirements and essential product information
- Manage changes, linkages, and dependencies related to requirements
- Evaluate the solution to determine business value and the product's fitness for release
Who Should Enroll?
- Adult learners who are interested in learning the foundational principles of business analysis
100% Web-based learning. Access courses anytime, anywhere with an Internet connection.
Affordable. Courses are competitively priced.
“Ask the Expert.” Learners can pose content-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours.
Interactive. Courses include interactive exercises to engage learners.
Easy-to-follow. Concise explanations, real-world examples, and references enable learners to easily explore course topics.