Military & Veterans
University of Massachusetts Global was born in 1958 when Chapman University, one of California's oldest, most prestigious, nonprofit institutions, opened a campus at El Toro Marine Corps Air Station to serve the specific needs of military students.
Why UMass Global is the Right Fit
- UMass Global participates in the Principles of Excellence program
- 46 credits for military experience (plus credit for CLEP & DSST)
- Commissioned Officers, Warrant Officers (CWO2+), and Senior NCO's (E7+) can earn a Masters in Organizational Leadership in only 7 classes
- Military Services staff ready to serve
- High graduation/success rates, low loan default rates
- Flexible time to degree, six 8-week terms annually to allow for continuous enrollment
- On campus, online and UMass Global MyPath™ self-paced programs are approved for VA benefits
- Recognized as a military friendly institution
A legacy of military education. A heritage of academic excellence.
Consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans, UMass Global is a private, nonprofit university and regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission.
Ways to Get Started
Students can utilize the various Chapters of the GI Bill® to pay for tuition. Learn about specific education benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill, MGIB-AD, VR&E, MGIB-SR, REAP & DEA.
As a veteran, I definitely encourage other veterans to seek out what services the school offers. And even if you don't think you can qualify for the advantage, at least ask. It's not accepting a handout. It's encouraging other members in the military to take part in the program.
I’m over the moon that staff there made it so easy, and I learned so much that I could apply to my work right now. I improved myself in leadership competencies and it’s made me a much better leader.
I don't know that there is a more significant role that was played in my mental health rather than Brandman*. With recent studies and reports of veteran suicide rates on the rise, giving us relationships with other with similar backgrounds and giving us a purpose and belonging, will go a long way in reducing this number.
At Brandman* I was offered a smart pen and an ipad. These were assisted technology for people with memory problems to help them excel and do well in school.
An education is a significant investment in your future. At UMass Global, we want every student to prosper and have the right financial support they need during this important time in their lives.