|EDUU 511||Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling for current special education credential||3|
|Core (18 credits)|
|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 630||Leadership and Policy in Special Education||
|EDUU 631||Program Development and Organization in Special Education||
|EDUU 632||Advanced Assessment and Program Evaluation in Special Education||
|EDUU 661||Collaboration in Special Education||
|EDUU 633||Special Education Capstone||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses||
|When applying, students must select one emphasis area from the options below.||
MA in Special Education, Teaching and Learning
Advocate for social justice and protect the dignity of those with disabilities by earning a flexible master's in special education degree.
Improve Student Performance with your MA in Special Education, Teaching & Learning
Develop your own advanced knowledge of learning needs to improve teaching strategies for special education students. In this MA in Special Education program, with an emphasis in Teaching and Learning, you’ll follow a curriculum based on the Council for Exceptional Children’s Advanced Content Standards, and graduate ready to enhance student performance. Graduates will still be required to complete courses for the preliminary education specialist credential.
As a teaching and learning master's student, you will:
- Use data based strategies to meet the individual needs of students with disabilities.
- Implement evidence-based instructional and behavioral strategies to meet the varied needs of students across the autism spectrum.
- Apply ECSE best practice in all aspects of service coordination and delivery.
- Design behavior intervention which targets and defines a socially significant behavior, creates data collection tools, implements behavior change procedures and evaluates progress.
- Apply pedagogical concepts in educational settings to meet the diverse needs of students with disabilities.
Fall II (Oct 25, 2021)
$680/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Brandman* has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
Take the next step toward your MA in Special Education, Teaching and Learning at UMass Global
What can you do with Special Education with Emphasis in Teaching and Learning
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by University of Massachusetts Global from Emsi. While University of Massachusetts Global believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. University of Massachusetts Global does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Hold a current special education teaching credential or take EDUU 511 Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling
- Have one year of induction completed or hold a valid California Education Specialist Clear Induction Teaching Credential earned through a CTC approved Induction Program
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- Cannot be older than two years from the date of application
- Must be on official letterhead
- Must be written by individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting with knowledge of the candidate’s ability to successfully complete graduate courses
- Must address the candidate’s fit for the program
Master of Arts in Special Education Program Curriculum
Emphasis Block Transfer (12 credits) :University of Massachusetts Global awards a block of 12 semester credits for successful completion of an Education Specialist Clear Induction Credential Program. Please see an advisor for more details.
Meet Our Faculty
Anne Spillane, Ph.D.