Office of the Registrar

This office is responsible for managing student academic records and assisting students with enrollment verification.

Registering for classes is convenient and easy 

Whether you're a new or returning student. To get you started, review your catalog and program evaluation.

New Students

As a new student, your academic advisor will counsel you on your program requirements and assist you in developing your academic plan. Following that meeting, you will be able to register for classes through MyUMassGlobal.

Returning Students

As a returning student, you will be able to register for your courses on your own through MyUMassGlobal. Prior to registering, be sure to clear any financial holds and check the course schedule. 

Enrollment and Degree Verification 

Need to track your student loans? Provide proof of your enrollment to insurance companies, employers or lending agencies?

University of Massachusetts Global has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide Enrollment and Degree Verification certifications on its behalf. Through the Web-based Student Self-Service program, current UMass Global students can print Enrollment Verification's free of charge to send to health insurers, housing providers or anyone requiring proof of enrollment. Institutions or Organizations requesting Enrollment or Degree Verification can contact The National Student Clearinghouse and, for a fee, request proof of enrollment.


  • Login to Self-Service
  • Enter Secure Area
  • Select Student
  • Select Student Records
  • Select Enrollment Verification and follow the instructions

Enrollment information for an upcoming term is not reported until approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term.

Students without a username and password to Self Service, please contact your local one-stop student services centerFor questions, contact [email protected]

Interrupted Enrollment

Students may find it necessary to interrupt progress during their course of study, leave the university and decide to return at a later date. Students who leave the university in good standing and are absent no more than ten consecutive sessions do not need to reapply, retain the program requirements of their designated catalog year, and will be able to register for classes as normal. Students whose designated catalog year is 2009-2010 or prior will be granted a Chapman University diploma.
Veterans receiving an honorable discharge, who left in order to perform military services, will be readmitted with the same academic status he or she had when last in attendance. The length of absence from the university cannot exceed five years.
The university may require students to adopt the catalog year program requirements at the time of their return if a program has become impacted or changed by external regulatory agencies.
If students take coursework during their absence from the university, they must provide transcripts of that coursework to the Registrar's Office prior to their return. Non-satisfactory performance or issues of academic integrity may nullify the students' eligibility to return.


Students who are absent more than ten consecutive sessions are required to submit a full Application for Admission and must meet all current admission entrance requirements.


Withdrawal occurs when a student drops all courses they’re enrolled in during a session or a term.

To withdraw from the university you’ll need to:

  1. Drop all classes in which you are currently enrolled through Self Service in MyUMassGlobal.
  2. Students receiving financial aid or loans must complete Loan Exit Counseling with the Financial Aid Office.
  3. Contact the Business Office to review your account. Refunds are based on the university’s Tuition Refund Schedule.

Application for Degree Conferral 

Degree conferral is automatic. Upon completion of all degree requirements as indicated on the Degree Works official program evaluation, students will be awarded their degrees. Students will receive an email to their UMass Global email account with further information. See the “Graduation/Commencement” tab in MyUMassGlobal for further information.

Still have Questions?

Applications: e-mail [email protected]

Transfer Credit: Contact your Advisor or visit for more information.

Further your education with a few questions

Please enter your zip code to proceed.
Please enter a valid zip code to proceed.
Is this an international zip code?
Please select a degree type
Please select your area of interest
Please select a program type
Please select a session
Please enter your name
Please enter your last name
Please enter your email to proceed
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter your phone number to proceed.
Please enter a valid phone number.

About UMass Global

Earn your bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or certificate at UMass Global, a regionally accredited university.

We value your privacy

By submitting this form, I agree that UMass Global may contact me about educational services by voice, pre-recorded message and/or text message using automated technology, at the phone number provided, including wireless numbers. I understand that my consent is not required to attend University of Massachusetts Global. Privacy Policy