CompTIA A+ Certification (Core 1 Exam 220-1001)
Prepare for the CompTIA A+ Certification (Core 1 Exam 220-1001) and learn the fundamental concepts of computer systems architecture.
Gain the necessary training to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Certification (Core 1 Exam 220-1001). In this course, you will learn the fundamental concepts of computer systems architecture including the CPU, memory, computer Input and Output, operating systems and file management. Furthermore, you will gain an understanding of how computer systems architecture can be implemented and properly maintained to support the needs of an organization. At the end of this course, you will be ready to sit for the exam and take your first step to become CompTIA A+ certified.Register Now
Approximately 45 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
$1200Voucher to take the exam is included in course tuition
Ways to Learn
Course substitutionSuccessful completion of this exam may substitute for a course in a UMass Global degree program
Access textbooks and course materials completely online - no materials required.
Move at your own pace as your schedule allows – no specific start times or dates.
Need help with an assignment? Submit your questions directly to the instructor for quick replies.
Our technology delivers customized activities to address the unique learning needs of each learner.
Voucher to take the exam is included in the course. Some restrictions apply.
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts of computer systems architecture including Central Processing Unit (CPU), memory, computer Input and Output (I/O), various operating systems, and file management
- Create and configure storage solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of network security infrastructure
- Demonstrate an understanding of system monitoring and troubleshooting
Successful completion of the certification exam may be used as a course substitution for CSCC 251 in the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Competency Based)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Systems Management (Competency Based)
Successful completion of both exams (220-1001 and 220-1002) may be used as a course substitution for CSCU 251 in the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Computing Technology, Business Systems Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computing Technology, Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computing Technology, Project Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Systems Management
- To pass this course you must pass the certification exam
- This course is not eligible for financial aid
- Admission is not required for those pursuing the certification
Upon becoming CompTIA certified. Your certification provides you access to scholarships and can count as completed classes.