|Introduction to Data Management
| Introduction to Programming
|GIS Methods and Ethics
|Foundations in Spatial Communications
|Spatial Visualization & Data Analytics
|Applied Data Wrangling
|Applied Project Management
Undergraduate Certificate, GIS and Data Analytics
Earn your GIS certificate in courses designed with our industry leading partner, Esri. Reskill for in-demand jobs in a wide variety of businesses.
GIS Certificate Overview
Add this GIS certificate towards your existing degree program for an extra edge in your field or put it towards earning your Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. Our GIS classes in this online program teach key skills and foundations in data analysis and how data can be applied and used in different fields. Use your GIS certificate to gain a role in information technology and a variety of other professional industries. No previous experience with GIS is required.
As a student you will:
- Plan and design relational databases and review Structured Query Language.
- Use diverse GIS tools in special visualization activities.
- Master project management processes to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Assess which spatial research methods are most appropriate to investigate a problem and generate solutions.
Ways to Get Started
Imagine Your Future In GIS and Data Analytics
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Lightcast™ 2022 www.lightcast.io
The pathway information provided through this website is based partly on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data licensed by the University of Massachusetts Global from Lightcast. While the University of Massachusetts Global believes this data to be reliable, some of the data is based on estimates made by Lightcast when actual data is unavailable. Those estimates and the corresponding data may need to be corrected.
1. Change in employment projections 2022 - 2032
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. The University of Massachusetts Global does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process and submit required documents. Documents required vary based on the number of transferable credits and include:
0 - 11 TRANSFERABLE CREDITS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Official high school transcript indicating the date of graduation
12 OR MORE TRANSFERABLE CREDITS
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Provide official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
Admissibility and minimum transfer credit awarded will be determined based on the Community College of the Air Force, SMART, AARTS or JST transcripts.
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT UNDERGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS? Request more information>
Undergraduate Certificate GIS and Data Analytics Program Curriculum
Meet Our Faculty
Sheila Lakshmi Steinberg, Ph.D.