||Introduction to Data Management||
|| Introduction to Programming
||GIS Methods and Ethics||
|CSCU 303||Foundations in Spatial Communications||
|CSCU 304||Spatial Visualization & Data Analytics||
||Applied Data Wrangling||
|CSCU 383||Applied Project Management||
Undergraduate Certificate, GIS and Data Analytics
Earn your GIS certificate in courses designed with our industry leading partner, Esri. Reskill for in-demand jobs in a wide variety of businesses.
GIS Certificate Overview
Add this GIS certificate towards your existing degree program for an extra edge in your field or put it towards earning your Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. Our GIS classes in this online program teach key skills and foundations in data analysis and how data can be applied and used in different fields. Use your GIS certificate to gain a role in information technology and a variety of other professional industries. No previous experience with GIS is required.
As a student you will:
- Plan and design relational databases and review Structured Query Language.
- Use diverse GIS tools in special visualization activities.
- Assess which spatial research methods are most appropriate to investigate a problem and generate solutions.
- Master project management processes to ensure organizational goals are met.
Ways to Get Started
What separates these classes from those at other universities is they’re not just point and click. We were mindful of not pigeonholing our students so they could apply what they’re learning to a variety of sectors.
Imagine Your Future In GIS and Data Analytics
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by University of Massachusetts Global from Emsi. While the University of Massachusetts Global believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. University of Massachusetts Global does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- 12 or more transferable baccalaureate level credits or the equivalent
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Completed application
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
Admissibility and minimum transfer credit awarded will be determined based on the Community College of the Air Force, SMART, AARTS or JST transcripts. If additional coursework from other institutions is submitted prior to admission this coursework will also be included in determining admissibility and transferability for course credit.
Undergraduate Certificate GIS and Data Analytics Program Curriculum
Meet Our Faculty
Sheila Lakshmi Steinberg, Ph.D.
Sharon R. Floyd, Ed.D., SHRM-SCP
Human Resources Practitioner
Monica Shukla-Belmontes, Ph.D.
Business Management Innovation