Social Emotional Learning Foundations
Learn the basics of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), as you create a path of true success for both yourself and your students. Gain strategies that will help you become more socially and emotionally intelligent, and enable students to live their most resilient, meaningful, and fulfilled lives.
This interactive, experiential curriculum not only provides a foundation in Social Emotional Learning (SEL), but also helps those who are taking the course to reflect and gain greater awareness regarding their own emotions, thoughts, feelings, and perceptions. Upon completion of this course, the learner will have a deeper understanding of the main competencies of SEL, as well as how to apply those competencies to various situations and settings, such as workplace environment, relationships, and educational institutions.
Approximately 30 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
Ways to Learn
2 PDUsGraduate Level Professional Development Credit
Online and self-paced | Dedicated mentor | Interactive assignments
Real-world case studies | Earn graduate level professional development credits
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Discover personal core qualities, values, and beliefs
- Identify negative self-talk and shift to empowered state of being
- Create strategies to overcome fears
- Comprehend love and fear’s effects on the brain and body
- Build emotional intelligence and empathy to thrive in educational settings and life
- Develop interpersonal intelligence and healthy communication skills
- Introduction to SEL
- Understanding yourself (self awareness)
- Emotional intelligence
- Mindfulness (self-management)
- SEL and energy levels
- SEL & the brain
- Worthiness and vulnerability
- Meditation (taking a beat)
- Social awareness
- Interpersonal intelligence
Earn your credit in 3 simple steps
What are Graduate-level Professional Development Credits?
Graduate-level professional development credits are not part of a degree program but instead are primarily used for professional advancement such as salary increment steps and recertification. Students should seek approval from appropriate district officials before enrolling in these courses.